8th CII Industrial Intellectual Property Awards 2022
Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as ‘Terms’) shall apply to and govern the “8th Industrial IP Awards 2022” (hereinafter referred to as ‘Awards’) organized and conducted by Confederation of Indian Industry hereinafter referred to as ‘CII’).
CII shall mean and include its affiliates, verticals, Award Partners, Awards sponsors, knowledge partners, process partners, its agents, representatives, its directors, officers, employees, etc. CII exclusively own the idea, concept and format of the Awards.
By accessing these terms and conditions and submitting your application for the Awards, you i.e. the Applicant (natural or juristic), agree to have read, understood and be governed by these terms and conditions for the purpose of these Awards. Applicants can apply for the Awards by submitting the details on the website link http://ciiipr.in/IP-Awards/index.php Applicants are advised to read and understand these Terms and Conditions carefully before submitting their entries.
Applicant understands and acknowledges that:
- It is legally competent and capable of participating in the Awards and agrees to abide by these Terms and Conditions;
- Participating in the Awards does not entitle the Applicant to a recognition or to any other form of monetary consideration, recommendations, testimonials etc.
- All information including any documents, communications, software, photos, text, video, graphics, music, sounds, images and other material submitted or recorded in any manner by the Applicant are solely and legitimately owned by the Applicant, and do not infringe upon any other individual or organization’s rights including, without limitation, intellectual property rights;
- It shall be responsible for any infringement or alleged infringement claims and shall indemnify CII and its verticals (in India or abroad) against any claims, costs or damages from infringement or alleged infringement of the logo or trademark or the defense of a claim or any costs payable thereof.
- It is participating in the Awards at their own volition and CII shall not in any way be obligated or liable for any losses or costs that the Applicant may suffer or incur, for any reason whatsoever. CII shall not pay nor shall be obligated to pay anything to the Applicant for participating in the Awards or any event prior to or following the Awards.
- Applicant for the purpose of entering the Awards grants CII with a royalty-free, irrevocable, worldwide, non-transferable, non-exclusive right and license to use and display such entry, for participation in the Awards, and any intellectual property in relation to and arising out of such participation in the Awards and footage thereof, which shall include trade publications, press releases, electronic posting to the Website, the CII website in any display format selected by CII during the Awards or use by CII as it deems fit.
- CII reserves the right to, at its discretion, to withdraw or amend or add these terms and conditions of the Awards at any time, with prospective or retrospective effect, and does not take responsibility for any loss or damage that any individual or organization may suffer as a result of participating or attempting to participate in the Awards, the Awards being withdrawn or its Terms amended.
- If it wishes to withdraw from the Awards, it shall inform CII about its decision in writing one week prior to the final awards ceremony.
- The participation fees once paid is non-refundable under any circumstances including withdrawal or disqualification of Applicant from the Awards.
- All disputes relating to or arising out of the Awards shall be subject to the laws of India, and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of competent jurisdiction at New Delhi, India.
- Shall indemnify CII, its employees, officers, contractors, or other persons in relation to this Awards and hold them harmless against any loss, claim, demands, costs, damages, judgments, expenses or liability (including legal costs) arising out of or in connection with any or all claims, that may be brought against CII by any third party in connection with the Applicant’s application in or winning the Awards, which is inconsistent with any of the warranties and representations made by the Applicant, or due to breach of these Terms and shall reimburse CII for any loss, costs, expense, or damage to which said indemnity applies. CII shall give the Applicant prompt written notice of any claim or actions covered by this indemnity, and the Applicant shall have the right, at its own expense, to participate in any such action.
- CII holds the right to disqualify any application which does not meet the eligibility criteria without assigning any reason whatsoever.
- The decision of the Jury shall be final and cannot be challenged by the Applicant.
- One application allows an applicant to participate in awards for patents, trademarks and designs in one industry segment only.
- All the interested Applicants would be required to submit the application form and upload the supporting documents as per the instructions provided on the website. Applicants are required to attach the required documents screenshots, photographs, references, project plan, demos etc. All documents and copies, if any, submitted by an applicant shall not be returned to the Applicant.
- The Award categories may be changed / modified / split / merged / increased or cancelled by CII or the jury based on the number and quality of entries received in each category. If there are no applicants in a category that are worthy of inclusion by CII or the Jury, the Award category may be cancelled. The decision of CII or the Jury in this regard will be final and non-Awardable. The jury or CII will not entertain any queries in this regard.
- CII holds the right to disqualify any application which does not meet the eligibility criteria without assigning any reason whatsoever
- The final eligibility of Applicants will be subject to the discretion of CII.
General Terms and Conditions
- Participation in the Awards in any manner will be construed as acceptance to the Terms and conditions stated herein.
- Applicant represents and acknowledges that its income, cash in-flows, contributions, donations, other sources of finance are from legitimate sources only and it does not associate with any individual(s), enterprise(s), organisation(s) etc. directly or indirectly involved in any illegal or seditious activities.
- By participating in Awards, Applicant agrees to abide by and be bound by these Terms. CII may modify these Terms, without any prior notification. Applicant is advised to regularly review these Terms. If there is any disagreement with any of the Terms and any amendments thereto, Applicant must not participate or withdraw application from the Awards.
- In the event that none of the Applicants in a category is found to be worthy of inclusion by CII, the Award category may be cancelled by CII or the Jury. The decision of CII or the Jury in this regard will be final and non-contestable and no queries or challenges will be entertained in this regard.
- CII and its sub-contractors shall not be held accountable, liable for any disruptions, stoppages, interruptions or cancellation of the Awards or its ceremony or any part of its processes or public voting on account of any factors beyond its control.
- Receipt of application forms after last date of receipt specified will not be permitted. The applicant will forfeit the application fee in such cases.
- CII will not be responsible for application forms that are damaged or lost due to lack or lapse in any communication on account of internet failure.
- Applicant may be contacted for any additional information or site visit to verify the information provided. Such information sourced from the Applicant will become part of the original application.
- If at any time, including after the conclusion of any of the Award ceremonies, any information provided by any Applicant(s), is found to be incorrect in any manner, then the Applicant will be liable to be disqualified and / or return the Award and the monetary emoluments, recognition, testimonials etc. provided by CII to the Applicant under this Award, if any. CII may also take penal action against the Applicant for providing false information to participate in the Awards. CII reserves the right to raise claims, demands, actions, suits etc. against the Applicant for indemnification against such false or fraudulent information or representation.
- Determination of whether information provided as fair and accurate rests with the Jury and CII.