Executive Program on Health, Pharmaceuticals & Intellectual Property Rights
Duration : 8 Days | 3 hrs/Day on Weekends in September 2020
Dates: 05th and 06th September | 12th and 13rd September | 19th and 20th September | 26th and 27th September
About the Programme
Confederation of Indian Industry in partnership with Texas A&M University School of Law is organizing an Executive Program on Health, Pharmaceuticals and Intellectual Property Rights. The program will bring together academic and industry leaders to discuss issues around patent law and policy, pharmaceuticals policy, regulatory issues, the use of technology, the global trade regime, and other barriers to health care and medication.
Topics to be covered
- IP Strategy Fundamentals
- Regulatory Exclusivity
- Recent trends and issues at USPTO
- Global Alliances & Covid
- Patents & Trade issues
- Global Health; COVID-19 & Changes to the Global Health
- Tech Transfer; pharmaceutical protection & access issues from India
- FDA & Related Issues
- Public Private Partnerships
- Advocacy strategies from innovation and generic perspective
- USTR & its Role
- Bayh- Dole Act and its role in the US comparison with India
- Access vs Innovation (AAM collaboration and foreign generics)
- Dr Srividhya Ragavan, Professor of Law and Faculty Director of the Indian program at Texas A&M University School of Law
- Prof Doris Estelle Long, Professor Emeritus and Former Director, Centre for Intellectual Property, Information and Privacy Law UIC John Marshall Law School
- Prof Peter K Yu, Professor of Law and Director, Center for Law and Intellectual Property; Professor of Communication Texas A&M University
- Prof. Mansoor A Khan, Vice Dean, College of Pharmacy College Station Campus
- Swaraj Paul Barooah, Independent Consultant, IP Law and Policy
- Jonathan Kimball, Vice President of Trade and International Affairs, Association for Accessible Medicines (AAM)
- Prof Sean Flynn, Director, Program on Information Justice and Intellectual Property; Editor in Chief, Infojustice.org; Chair, Global Expert Network on Copyright User Rights
- Prof Michael Mireles, Professor of Law, Director, Intellectual Property Certificate of Concentration, University of the Pacific
- Guru Natraj, Founder, Law Chambers of G. Nataraj
- Murali Neelakantan, Principal, amicus
- Michael Palmedo, Assistant Director, PIJIP, American University Washington College of Law
- Sandeep K. Rathod, General Counsel and Vice President (Legal)
USV Private Limited
- Prof Ana Santos Rutschman, Assistant Professor of
Law, Saint Louis University School of Law
- Prof Saurabh Vishnubhakat, Professor of Law, Texas A&M University School of Law
- Rajkumar Vinnakota, Partner, Janik Vinnakota LLP
Benefit of Participating
- Renowned global Faculty
- On weekends, 3 hrs per day
- Joint certification by CII and Texas A&M University School of Law
- Study material to be carried at home
Rs. 15,000/- plus 18% GST
- Participants can pay in INR and USD
- 5% discount for participants 5 and above
- 10% discount for participants 10 and above
Who can Participate?
The course will be useful to patent professionals, R&D and Innovation managers, Technology analysts and IP decision makers from industry, academic and R&D institutions.
Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) works to create and sustain an environment conducive to the development of India, partnering Industry, Government, and civil society through working closely with Government on policy issues, interfacing with thought leaders, and enhancing efficiency, competitiveness and business opportunities for industry.
For 125 years, CII has been working on shaping India’s development journey and, this year, more than ever before, it will continue to proactively transform Indian industry’s engagement in national development. The premier business association has more than 9100 members, from the private as well as public sectors, and an indirect membership of over 300,000 enterprises from around 288 national and regional sectoral industry bodies.
With 68 offices, including 9 Centres of Excellence in India, and 10 overseas offices in Australia, China, Egypt, France, Germany, Indonesia, Singapore, UAE, UK, and USA, as well as institutional partnerships with 394 counterpart organizations in 133 countries, CII serves as a reference point for Indian industry and the international business community.
About Texas A&M University School of Law
Texas A&M University School of Law is an American Bar Association-accredited institution located in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas. The law school has sustained an unprecedented upward trajectory – hiring more than 30 new faculty; dramatically increasing entering class credentials and its reputation among peer institutions, judges, and lawyers; adding 11 clinics and 6 global field study destinations; increasing the depth and breadth of its career services, student services, academic support, and admissions functions; and increasing more than 100 places in the U.S. News & World Report rankings – more than any law school in decades, if ever. For more information, visit law.tamu.edu.
Contacts: Mr. Jyoti Kumar, Director, CII (firstname.lastname@example.org; +919866313270)
Anil K Pandey, Deputy Director & Head, CII-MoMSME IPFC, email@example.com; 9925004437